Panama Reforestation Investment Visa
- Last updated on .
Panama Reforestation Investment Visa Description
Designed for those who wish to invest in a certified reforestation investment and thereby obtain residency. There must be a minimum investment of US$60,000 for the slower track permanent residency programme or US$80,000 for the fast track.
With the US$80,000 fast track option it is granted provisionally for one year and after renewal it is granted permanently with the right to be issued a Cedula (local identity card). With the US$60,000 slow track programme it is granted provisionally and then must be renewed annually twice more before being granted permanently after the third renewal with the right to be issued a cedula. Five years after obtaining the permanent visa, holders will be eligible to obtain Panamanian nationality.
Panama Reforestation Investment Visa General Rules
- All visa applications must be made through a Panamanian lawyer.
- All documents from overseas must be authenticated, please see below 'Documents required from Home'.
- There is no age limit or maximum required for applying for any of these visas, save for the minimum legal age of 18 years. Youngsters under 18, will qualify for a visa as dependents of their parents.
- None of these visas grant work permits.
Panama Reforestation Investment Visa Documents
Documents Required from Home
- All documents must be authenticated by a Notary and by the Panamanian Consulate nearest you, or by a Notary and the Apostille. The Apostille (The Hague Convention of 1961) is a faster way of authenticating documents and is normally obtained through the Secretary of State Department in your home state (in the USA) or through the Foreign Office (in UK and Canada).
- All documents must be fresh (within 2 months of visa application) and passports must have at least 1 year to run.
- Dependents: If your spouse will be covered by your visa, you need to bring Marriage Certificate. However, original marriage certificates are not acceptable if over 2 months old, you need to request fresh ones. If your children (under 18), are to be covered by your visa, you need to bring fresh Birth Certificates (not the original ones).
- Valid Passport
- 6 passport-size photos (gentlemen in suit and tie; ladies in blouses or dresses with sleeves).
- Police Record of your place(s) of residence for the past five years.
- Marriage Certificate (if your spouse is to be included as dependent in your visa).
- Executed reforestation contract for a minimum of either US$40,000 or US$80,000 in the proscribed format. We will introduce you to the certified reforestation investment company that will provide the required documentation the government needs to see.
Documents to be Obtained in Panama
There will be a number of documents which must be obtained or issued in Panama, for example, Health Certificate, HIV test, Applications, etc. We will assist you with all documentation to be obtained in Panama.
More on Panama
- Panama Offshore Foundation
- Panama Foundation & Corporation Combo
- Panama Private Interest Foundation
- Panama Charitable Foundation
Citizenship & Visas