Nevis LLC Company Formation
Overview of a Nevis Limited Liability Company (LLC)
If your primary goal is not legal tax efficiency but simply access to a low cost way of sheltering assets and providing privacy, a standalone Nevis Limited Liability Company may be ideal. A Limited Liability Company (or LLC) is a form of company or corporation that enjoys some distinctions from 'normal' companies. At the most simple level, think of an LLC as a sleek cross between a company and a partnership, with all of the benefits of both.
The general advantages of LLCs are enhanced by the jurisdictional advantage of Nevis, the first offshore financial centre anywhere to enact a Limited Liability Ordinance.
For more information on the Advantages of Nevis as an Offshore Financial Center, click here.
Advantages of a Nevis LLC
- Since the beneficial owners and/or managers are not registered anywhere an LLC provides complete anonymity.
- Nevis has strict privacy oriented laws that forbid any registering, recording, or disclosure of directors and shareholders of exempt companies incorporated there. This means that no annual or other reports by members need to be filed in the public records of Nevis; therefore, there is complete anonymity and their identities are not accessible by any outside party.
- The company's records may be located anywhere in the world.
- All of the affairs of the LLC are private and cannot be disclosed except under truly exceptional circumstances such as links to international terrorism. The only document that needs to be filed with the government is the annual corporate license and this contains minimal information. There is no annual report or annual financial return that needs to be made to the government. There is no public inspection of your LLCs' records. Confidentiality is further enhanced if the LLC appoints our company as manager and we perform the minimal corporate duties required under Nevisian law.
Excellent Asset Protection Features
- A Nevis LLC enables you to protect your assets and funds from government agencies, creditors, and lawsuits.
- As an owner, you are not exposed to personal liability.
- As an owner, you can participate in management without becoming personally liable for the company's debts.
- A Nevis LLC is particularly advantageous for asset protection purposes since there are no shares that can be attached by a court of law.
- Members are not liable for obligations of the company.
All LLCs are free from all forms of Nevisian taxation. There are no Nevisian taxes on dividends, income, capital distribution, or wages whatsoever. Moreover, unlike many onshore jurisdictions, Nevis does not tax an LLC for accumulated (but undistributed) earnings
Nevisian LLC laws contain many requirements related to confidentiality including strict financial secrecy laws. Strict legal requirements, known as fiduciary duties, would also govern the behavior of Offshore-Protection if acting as a manager of an LLC.
These fiduciary duties are imposed on managers by both the equivalent of the LLCs bylaws and by the proper law of the LLC (usually the law of the country where the manager is located, i.e. Panama). Many of these fiduciary requirements relate to secrecy and accounting obligations by which the manager must abide. Nevisian LLC and Panamanian law prevent our company from discussing your LLC business with anyone you have not instructed us to talk to.
Other governments’ agencies such as the Internal Revenue Service in the United States, Revenue Canada, or the Inland Revenue in the United Kingdom cannot force Offshore-Protection to discuss your business with them unless they obtain a court order against you or us or both, ordering us to make disclosure.
But a court order from their respective jurisdiction is useless in Nevis or Panama. In accordance with strong Nevisian law, a judgement from outside of Nevis will not be recognised by Nevisian courts. This means an onshore judgement creditor who won a lawsuit against you or your LLC in, for example, the U.S. or Germany cannot take that U.S. or German judgement and require a Nevisian court to enforce it.
In addition to not recognizing the judgements of other countries, Nevisian law and Nevisian courts do not favor the granting of court orders against LLCs except under truly exceptional circumstances. Nevisian law favors upholding the independence and application of its own law over the enforcement of foreign, onshore laws.
LLCs Provide These Additional Advantages
- LLCs provide a mechanism by which managers can limit the authority of non-managing members.
- LLCs have no limitation on the number of members.
- There are no limitations on ownership of an LLC.
- No corporate tax, income tax, withholding tax, stamp tax, asset tax, exchange controls or other fees or taxes are levied in Nevis on assets or income originating outside of Nevis.
- Members of Nevis LLCs may be individuals or business entities of any nationality or domicile.
- Nevis LLCs may amend their Articles of Organisation, merge, or consolidate with other domestic or foreign LLCs or other business entities.
- Members of Nevis LLCs may assign their interests to other parties unless restricted otherwise.
- Nevis permits sole member LLCs.
- Management of LLCs may be accomplished by the members or by managers designated by the members.
- Nevis LLCs face no stock limitations and can issue preferred interests analogous to preferred stock of corporations.
- A Nevis LLC is an excellent vehicle if used by a group of investors for a joint venture investment. In this respect it functions as if it were a Limited Partnership, but with all the added features and advantages mentioned above of an LLC that Limited Partnerships for the most part do not have.
- A Nevis LLC can be set up within 24 hours and has low initial cost and low annual fees.
Nevis LLC Company Formation with Offshore-Protection.com
Join thousands of satisfied clients who have experienced the Offshore-Protection advantage for more than 18 years. When you purchase any offshore company formation products, you'll get FREE support from our lawyers to help answer your overseas company day-to-day management questions.