Belize Forex Brokerage License
We receive many inquiries about a cost effective way to license forex brokerage services. Hence, we thought we should expand on the viable low-cost Belize Forex Brokerage License option.
This vehicle represents one of the most inexpensive regulated brokerage options available anywhere in the world for setting up a forex (and/or securities) brokerage firm. Other relatively low cost options include BVI and Mauritius with lower paid-in capital requirements but higher regulatory hurdles to overcome. The New Zealand FSP also was a popular option but as of January 2015 the New Zealand FMA has been scrutinising all FSP applications for forex trading and have been delaying providing any decision.
Belize's foreign exchange trading licence serves allows one to:
- Operate as a forex brokerage firm
- Provide an online trading platform for your clients to make their own trades
- Provide related services for your clients to open their own trading accounts with your firm
- Provide convenient access to their accounts via debit cards
- Provide additional full service brokerage options
- Provide managed forex trading options
Kindly note that prior to incorporating a company targeted to providing services in Foreign Exchange, the following procedures would apply:
- Formulation of the Memorandum and Articles of Association, with special provisions to conduct the affairs of brokerage, with the required share capital
- The Directors and Shareholders of the company may need to be available for visits with the Director General for interviews on the matter
- The company will be asked to deposit it’s full capitalization ($100,000 required) in a local bank account during the course of the application process. These funds must stay in one's account for the full duration of the licence and the bank will be required to issue a Blocked Funds Letter confirming this.
- Payment of the full US$500 application fee to the IFSC will be required to be paid upon submission of the application and this fee is non-refundable
- Full due diligence on each director and beneficial owner of the company will also be required
The above measures still do not determine the approval and granting of this licence and it will be up to the Director General to make his decision. However, if the background and experience of the principals is good, there is no reason to expect a decline.
If the application is turned down for some reason, all but the application fee and a very small service fee will be refunded out of the $17,500 total cost plus the pro-rated annual license fee.
Upon the approval of the license, the license fee will be pro-rated through to December of the current year and must be paid before the certificate is issued. Thereafter, the renewal license fees of US$5,000 will become due first day of January of each subsequent year.
No local directors are required and no physical operation or employees are required in Belize to operate such a licensed company.