Details of a Georgia International Financial Licence
The Republic of Georgia offers an International Financial Company Licence for individuals looking to offer financial services. The issuing authority for the financial licence comes from the Republic of Georgian government, the Ministry of Finance.
Companies benefit from the strong banking and financial sector which supports the industry with liberal policies and a lax regulatory framework.
WHAT CAN A FINANCIAL COMPANY BE USED FOR?
A Georgia Financial License allows you to offer many services such as:
- Offshore Asset Management
- Brokerage and FX trading
- Cryptocurrency crowdfunding possibilities
- E-money and Credit Card processing
- Portfolio management services
- Cryptocurrency Exchange and trading
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO)
- International Investment advice
Though Georgia is not apart of the European Union it has enacted many European pieces of legislation while keeping its own local laws to boost its financial sectors and prevent onerous bureaucracy and red-tape. This has given the banking and financial industries the credibility needed to be accepted in places like Europe while still maintaining its desired degree of financial regulatory freedom.
Georgia has enacted strict banking privacy laws which boasts a record of never having been breeched. Thankfully there is still access to confidential banking in respected jurisdictions and luckily, Georgia is one of them.
What are some important things to know before you get started?
- No share capital requirements
- No tax on foreign income
- 15% tax on income generated locally (however only 10% of total revenue can come from local sources, 90% must come from non-resident idividuals)
- No audit requirements
- Must submit annual tax return
Some Advantages of a Georgia Financial Licence
A Georgia International Financial Licences gives you many advantages including:
- Strategically positioned between East and West
- Great worldwide reputation
- Not apart of the OECD or the EU and therefore is free from restricting financial regulations
- Modern financial and banking sector
- Minimum local office and director requirements
- No exchange of account holder information
- Strict privacy controls
- Georgian banks allow third party funding
- Zero corporate taxes
- There are no share capital requirements
- No local Director required
What is needed to start a Financial Company?
- Passport copy notarized
- Power of Attorney notarized
- Due Diligence Questionnaire & Brief Business Description
A Financial Licence takes usually between 1-2 months to process. In the meantime if you have any questions, feel free to contact us.